Wally and Rene'

Wally and Rene'

Friday, June 10, 2011

Goldendale Cemetery / Memorial Day


When Wally and I went to the Gorge for Memorial weekend we stopped at the cemetery to pay respects to Wally's grandparents and other relatives.



I was amazed when we drove in this place. The flags lined the roadways of the cemetery. I have never seen anything like this and was very moved.

This flag was the one that just made me cry. This man was a vet from WW2. He had no flowers on his grave,,, but he had a flag. What a tribute!







I thought this was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. It made me very proud to honor our hero's.. Sure made me think of both my grandfathers who both fought in WW2 and my father who was in the Korean War.
To all our hero's,, we thank you!

No comments: