Wally and Rene'

Wally and Rene'

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A day at the pumpkin patch

I think this says it all.. "The Perfect Peabody Pumpkins" :) So after the soccer game we went to the pumpkin patch. It has really been years since I have been to one and this was special because the boys were there to enjoy it all. I loved the corn fields and the sunflowers. I am still working out the settings on the camera and was experimenting with the sunflowers.

I do like how these turned out.. the boys were liking the flowers and how big they were.. some had a middle as big as a dinner plate..






Here comes grandma Judy..





Judy (Sean's Mom) caught up with us after we got there and was able to help the boys pick pumpkins.




Sometimes I catch them when they are so serious.. I am wondering just what Jimmy is thinking here.


Sam didn't like sitting in the sun,, so he let us know.. (one of those "I have really had enough,, ya know??) He was so funny because he didn't know anyone was watching him.



Where we were is an island and there are at least 4 pumpkin patches that I saw signs for. I had never been there before and it was a tricky ride in.. I got stuck in the intersection when the light turned red.. it was green when I went to make the turn... (really!!) Very busy with traffic.


So when I finally made the turn I was going across the bridge and saw in front of me to the left, Mt. St. Helen's and to the right was Mt. Rainer. When I turned my head to the right was Mt. Hood. They were so beautiful and I was driving and couldn't get the camera out.. and I was on a bridge.. ( like that would have stopped me,, I amaze Wally all the time when I want to try and get a good pic) (I would have figured it out) and by myself. Oh well.. I did get this one of Mt. Hood..













I am thinking they got some nice pumpkins.. green and orange.



I swear some of the pumpkins were as big as the boys!!!






Here Mel is helping Sam and then Jim tries to help and in the end Mel helps bring the perfect pumpkin...



Here I am with Mel, Sean and the boys,, Jimmy and Sam.. and here is Judy with them.



All in all,, after all the pumpkins were picked and we loaded them onto the wagons for a hay ride back to the main part of the pumpkin patch... Sam looked at me and said, "this was a good day" and just grinned at me.
The boys on the wagon trying not to be silly. It wasn't working..















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love being in some of the pictures! I'm always the one with the camera in hand! Now I know who to turn to when I need proof that I was, in fact, a part of my children's childhoods!! Thanks mom! I think these are terrific! Can't wait to get the CD of them so I can print some out!!