Wally and Rene'

Wally and Rene'

Friday, March 30, 2012

More Eagles from the Mid Valley









More Eagles From Our Valley......





It was gray and cloudy on Sunday when we took off for a ride around the valley.. Hard to get a really good shot.. but we gave it a good try. This is what we came up with.. 




This pair is a momma/daddy and baby. There were actually 2 babies in this tree when we saw them. One of the babies flew to another tree in this row but the other youngster stayed. His parent stayed really close to him.






Wally was in the truck on the road and I (of course) was walking in a field trying to get a closer shot. I managed to get right under the eagles. 
The momma/daddy flew out of the tree a couple times. He/she always stayed pretty close by the baby. While I was there I am thinking he/she thought I might be a threat to the baby. 








This row of trees had so many branches it was hard to get a really good shot of either birds. 






For what ever reason, that baby was not afraid of me.. He never moved from that spot.. 



So majestic!!! How can anyone not love these birds!!!




After we had seen the adult and baby we came across another field where this baby was alone. I didn't see any adults around him. 



He did let me get close but was a bit skittish..  He took off shortly after I got out of the truck. 



He is really very young as you can see by the amount of white on his under wing.. 




Such a beauty....
Nothing like seeing an eagle in full flight!!!!!



No comments: