Wally and Rene'

Wally and Rene'

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Eagles in the Pacific Northwest



I took a drive to town yesterday.. It was dark and gloomy and very bad lighting to take any pictures at all... but if I am not at work I always have my camera with me...  If I see something I like,, I will shoot and see what I will see.... 


Came home the back way and this is what I found...



This adult was in a tree all alone.. I am thinking it might be a female. It was rather large and I have learned that the females are the larger of the pair..  




Very dark and gloomy... This lighting was really bad, so I tried to get as close as I could.. This tree was in the front yard of a home.. I parked across the street and was about 50ish feet from the tree.. 

I don't make bird noises nearly as good as Wally does.... I only got the eagle to look down at me once. I really think she was ignoring me. 




I didn't see any other adults around.. but I did find some babies up the road a bit.. 




There were a pair in this tree... They were just hanging out together. I was wondering if the adult I saw up the road was the momma of these two. I usually see an adult close by if the babies are out on there own. 
I have seen babies feeding on a carcass with the adults on each side to protect it.. (of course I was on my way to work and didn't have my camera with me when I saw that)





When they thought I was getting to close they flew off..






 You can tell that they are babies because not only do they not have white heads yet.. (they get there colors around 3 years old) but they have white under their wings. I once thought a baby that I had seen was a golden.. I was corrected by some of the photographers I know who shoot alot of birds. I have actually learned alot from them!!






I know that these are still dark but there is nothing like an eagle in flight!!! Baby or adult......  

They are so beautiful!!!









No comments: